In the coming weeks I’m going to be giving some valuable tips on how to be assertive. So here’s my first post first published in September 2016 “What is Assertiveness and How Can it Help You?” to start the ball rolling.
So what is Assertiveness?
In a nutshell, assertiveness is having the courage to be true to yourself and express your feelings in an honest and direct way whilst respecting yourself and others.
Assertiveness is such a valuable skill for everyone and can be easily mastered with time and practice.
Here are the advantages of being Assertive:
- You’ll have the strength and confidence to be YOURSELF.
- You’ll be able to communicate in a clear, direct and honest way while considering the feelings of others.
- You’ll be able to ask for what you want and need with ease.
- You’ll be able to say NO without feeling guilty.
- You’ll be able to stand up for yourself while respecting yourself and the rights of others.
I know I’ve often struggled with assertiveness which prompted me to learn and develop my own skills. I must say by learning these skills it has made a…
View original post 95 more words